Markelle Fultz Considered 'Clear Choice' For Celtics If They Keep No. 1

Markelle Fultz Considered 'Clear Choice' For Celtics If They Keep No. 1

Join the Thunderous Intentions team!

"First of all, it was an honor to meet [Magic]".

"That only works if the Lakers keep their pick, as that selection turns into two second-rounders if the Lakers are not allowed to send their 2019 first-rounder". Yet, by night's end Sam Presti walked away with a lottery selected prospect: Domantas Sabonis.

Many fans want the team to continue with a slow build based on acquiring more high draft picks who will grow with youngsters Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Dario Saric. And they still get one more first-round pick next season from the Nets, who likely will miss the playoffs again. Or maybe useable players so Thibs wouldn't play 6 guys for the final months of the season and Joakim Noah doesn't get his knees wrecked? It will all depend on which players are still on the board once they pick.

The draft itself takes place tonight (Tuesday, May 16) at 8:00 p.m. EST airing on ESPN.nationally. On the whole, point guards are taking centre stage, with names like Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, and De'Aaron Fox headlining the class of '17, but there are dynamic players at all positions to help fill a need as teams look to build for the future.

Dallas' 2016-17 record of 33-49 was ninth-worst in the NBA, so they'll have the ninth-best chance - 1.7 percent - to wind up with the first pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. In 2009 the Kings had the worst record in the National Basketball Association and the best odds of winning the lottery but fell 3 spots from 1 to 4.

Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Steve Nash are gone, though on Tuesday they won't be forgotten. Expect Magic Johnson, Jeanie Buss and Luke Walton to be pulling out every superstitious lucky charm at their disposal. Boston got back first-round picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018, as well as the right to swap picks this year. They open the Eastern Conference final at home on Wednesday against Cleveland.

They have an 87.7% chance to pick somewhere in the Top 4 this June, a draft that many think boasts four sure-fire All-Stars and potential game changers before getting into the maybes.

The Lakers enter the lottery with a 46.92 percent chance of keeping their pick this year and a 53.08 percent of losing it. With that being said, a top-three pick is yet another asset for the Lakers to rebuild around with or without.

Had Los Angeles fallen out of the top three, it would have forfeited the pick to Philadelphia. "I didn't know where we were going to land from there, but I was like 'OK, I can breathe now'".



Related Posts

© 2015 Stump Report. All Rights reserved.